1. Get your kid on the fast track to bilingualism with free Korean classes for kids at the Clinton Hill branch of the Brooklyn Public Library. Classes will be taught by volunteers from Pratt Institute from 2 to 4 p.m. Click here for more information.
2. Head to Union Hall in Park Slope tonight from 8 to 10 p.m. for Geeking Out: The Hurricane Sandy Relief Show. The lineup includes such notable nerds as Selena Coppock (author of The New Rules For Blondes, College Humor) Abbi Crutchfield (VH1, MTV, Positively Awesome) and Adam Wade (18-time Moth StorySLAM winner). Tickets are $10; all proceeds will go to Brooklyn Community Foundation's Brooklyn Recovery Fund.
3. Forget the glitz and glamour (and stress) of Manhattan and spend this New Year's Eve running a wintry 5K through Prospect Park. The race starts at 11:15 p.m. and will conclude with cider and fireworks at midnight. More information is available here.
4. Bring your pets and kids to Sean Casey Animal Rescue on Saturday for "Pictures with Santa," from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Hot chocolate, apple cider, coffee and baked goods will be available, and Christmas gifts will be on sale for your favorite humans and pets alike. Sean Casey Animal Rescue is located at 155 East 3rd St. in Windsor Terrace.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.