1. Head to Fort Greene's Greenlight Bookstore tonight for a staff-led discussion of Colm Toibin's Brooklyn, the winner of the 2009 PEN/Faulkner award for fiction. 7:30 p.m, free. Greenlight Bookstore is located at 686 Fulton St. at S. Portland.
2. You've certainly spent time in Prospect Park while the sun is shining, but have you ever explored the grounds after dark? Grab your friends and family and join an Audubon Center naturalist for a 90-minute twilight tour of the park. You'll learn about nocturnal animals and the science of dusk before concluding the evening with a snack. Friday, Oct. 19 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Reservations required. Call (718) 287-3400 x 303. Cost is $10 per person, $30 for a family of four. Cash only.
3. Yoga—not just for grown-ups. Jaya Yoga East is now offering twice-weekly sessions for young yogis: Class for kids 7 to 12-years-old will be held on Mondays from 4 to 5 p.m., and class for kids 5 to 8-years-old will be held Thursday from 4:15 to 5 p.m. Classes are $17 for drop-in, $160 for 10 classes in six months. Jaya Yoga East is located at 2902 Ft. Hamilton Pkwy. in Windsor Terrace.
4. The weather today is expected to be fall-tastic, with sunny skies and the temperature hovering in the low 60s. In the evening, the mercury will dip into the high 40s.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.