1. The Prospect Park Alliance is collecting new and gently used coats at three park drop-off points. Those with warm outerwear to spare can bring their donations to Litchfield Villa, the Tennis Center or Parks District 14 Headquarters at Parade Ground through Dec. 31. Click here for the specific times and addresses for each of the drop-off points.
2. Stop by the Double Windsor on Wednesday to drink for a cause (besides general drunkenness). Anyone who donates $10 or more to help Red Hook's Added Value community farm, which was submerged in several feet of sea water following Hurricane Sandy, will receive a free pour of the freshly-tapped Barrier Brewing Saazsquash!, Captain Lawrence Golden Delicious or Sixpoint Gorilla Warfare Porter. More information is available here.
3. Choreographer Lucy Guerintakes takes the unpredictably of an untrained dancer and incorporates that originality and freedom into a dance for BAM's latest offering, "Untrained." Two trained dancers partner with two untrained movers, allowing a unique conversation to take place on stage. Opens Tuesday, Nov. 27 and runs through Dec. 1. Tickets are $20. Click here for more information.
4. Get ahead on your Christmas shopping by dropping by the 2012 Brooklyn Holiday Book Fair at Park Slope's Old Stone House on Dec. 1. You'll find an assortment of rare, vintage and out-of-print books from a collection of local booksellers, plus the chance to listen as local literary legend Pete Hamill reads from the first edition of O. Henry’s “The Gift of the Magi.” Click here to read the full story on Park Slope Patch.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.