1. Support local business: DUB Pies is gearing up to launch its Kickstarter campaign, enabling the brick-and-mortar cafe to bring savory pies and flat whites to New Yorkers across the five boroughs in a stylish truck. Interested? A portion of the proceeds from Waitangi Day Celebrations NYC on Feb. 6 will be donated to the cause. Click here for more information.
2. Embrace the cold: Now that winter's finally come, enjoy it full throttle at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's "Illuminated" celebration all weekend, with events that include a pop-up winter lodge for families on Saturday, a pop-up "journey to Sweden and the outdoors" on Sunday and a "Mitten Lodge" with mulled wine, hot chocolate and pepparkakor cookies all weekend.
3. Adopt a dog: We reported on Tuesday that Sean Casey Animal Rescue is still seeking applications to adopt Ghost Dog, the living legend of Prospect Park. But are you sure you're ready? Read more about the care and keeping of the neighborhood's most popular pooch here.
4. Expand your musical palate. Head to Elberta for the first of its brand-new World Music Wednesdays. Tonight Reggae artist Michel Aubertin performs. Show starts at 7 p.m.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension is Sun., Feb. 10 for the Asian Lunar New Year.