1. Get the ball rolling on your new business. If you are a start-up or an existing business wanting to expand and are looking for a home in Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Bedford Stuyvesant or Prospect Heights, join the Pratt Area Community Council for another "Rolling Up the Gates" Storefront Stroll event on Saturday, Feb. 23 from 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m. .
2. Build-up the inner athlete in your youngster. The Brooklyn Lacrosse Club is kicking off the Spring 2013 Season with free indoor clinics this February at P.S. 10. Boys and girls from Pre-k thru 8th grade are invited, and beginners are most definitely welcome. The next clinic is this Sat., Feb. 23 from 12-3 p.m. More information can be found here.
3. Support a local annual fundraiser. The Park Slope Jewish Center's annual Purim Carnival is this Sunday, Feb. 24 from 12-2 p.m. The day will be filled with carnival games,food and Purim treats, prizes and arts and crafts. Admission for children ages two and up is $10 and includes 10 game tickets, children under two get in free, an unlimited pass costs $40 and includes one drink and one food item, and adults are urged to give a donation of $5-10. The Park Slope Jewish Center is located at 1320 8th Ave.
4. Get into the awards season spirit. Arguably the biggest night in Hollywood and for cinephiles everywhere, the 85th Academy Awards ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. on Feb. 24 on ABC. Be sure to tune in to see if your favorite flick of the season is awarded a coveted Oscar, or click here to see one Patch Editor's picks for the big night.
5. Move your car. Alternate side parking is in effect. The next suspension is this Sunday, Feb. 24, in observation of Purim.