1. Plan your weekend: We compiled a list of some of Brooklyn's most promising offerings for the days ahead. Take a look at them here.
2. Venture outside. This Sunday, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden invites visitors to participate in a host of daytime activities for all ages as part of its Light in Winter series. A bird walk, guided tour, winter yoga, discovery workshop and garden shop tasting are all on the docket this weekend.
3. Learn about the neighborhood: Gothamist has a nifty map depicting gentrification in Brooklyn. Check it out for an interesting visual that crystallizes everything you already knew about our rapidly-shifting borough.
4. Get tickets to the circus: The "Greatest Show on Earth" is coming to the Barclays Center. From March 20 through April 1, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus will be holding 23 shows in the possibly-structurally compromised arena. Get your tickets here, and direct all photos of elephants parading down Flatbush Ave. to email@example.com.
5. Move the car. Sorry folks, alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, Jan. 21 for MLK day, according to the NYCDOT.