The full force of Hurricane Sandy is upon us. Here's a roundup of what you need to know:
1. NYC schools (and many businesses) remain closed, the MTA has declared an indefinite suspension of all trains and buses, and many of the city's bridges and tunnels have been shut down. In short, plan to stay home.
2. As for what is open, we've compiled a list of the intrepid bars and restaurants around the borough willing to serve soaked patrons. We'll continue to update the list, and be sure to tell us of any locations we may have missed in the comments.
3. The New York State Department of Health has some tips on how to stay safe during a major storm. Review them here.
4. Check out our live blog, in which we're collecting the latest hurricane-related tweets from everyone from public officials to brave pedestrians.
5. Alternate side parking—including metered spaces—has been suspended.