1. Start spreading the Valentine's Day love on Saturday, Feb. 9 at LARK Cafe. Listen to music and stories while you craft your own love notes, suitable for leaving everywhere from under a co-workers' coffee cup to the windshield of a stranger's car. The event starts at 12 p.m. Click here for more info.
2. Learn about the history of classical music in Brooklyn with Brooklyn Phil Concertmaster Deborah Buck. The event will be held at the Dweck Center of Central Library on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. Children under 6-years-old will not be admitted. Click here for more information.
3. Head to the Kings Bay Y at Windsor Terrace on Sunday, Feb. 24 for Purim Masquerade, a family-friendly day of costume contests, hamentashen and a food drive for Pack it up for Purim, a community-wide effort to create 2,000 food packages for New Yorkers in need. The event will be held from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
4. Where do squirrels get their food during the winter? How do birds stay warm in a blizzard? Find out the answers to these and other pressing questions at the Audubon Nature Center in Prospect Park on the Feb. 18 and 19. Click here for more information.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.