1. has started serving , and a menu is now available online for your perusal. Take a look at it here.
2. The Bartel-Pritchard Square Greenmarket will be open for business from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Head on over for all your locally grown vegetable, fruit, fish and bread needs.
3. On Sunday, office supply super store Staples will be working with the city to bring you Shred Fest, wherein you can permanently destroy your sensitive documents the safe way. (If you're like us, you will be disappointed to learn that this event does not, as far as we can tell, involve any Ozzy Osbourne.) The fest will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Prospect Park West and 3rd Street. Also worth noting: The first four people to arrive will get their own personal paper shredder! Click here for more details.
4. Compost for Brooklyn will be giving away 200 free trees on June 3rd between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Register online (soon) here.
5. Alternate side parking is in effect today, but will be suspended on Thursday in observance of Solemnity of the Ascension.