1. Lest you've forgotten, Hamilton's, a new restaurant at 2828 Fort Hamilton Pkwy., is opening its doors tonight at 5 p.m. See you there!
2. Also tonight, the first—and only—vice presidential debate between Vice President Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan is set for 9 p.m.
3. Head to Lefferts Historic House on Saturday, Nov. 3 to celebrate the "5 Dutch Days" and sample some bread and brew around the outdoor fire. Tickets are $25 each, and attendees must be 21 or older. Reserve a space now—the event is limited to 40 people and requires advance booking. Contact Elyse Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-789-2822 x301 to RSVP.
4. Brooklyn Commune will be hosting a Fall Maple Syrup,Pumpkin and Harvest Sale on Saturday Oct. 13, featuring organic goods straight from Poorfarm Farm and Project EATS. Stop by between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. to snatch 'em up.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.