It's almost time for Compost for Brooklyn's annual Block Party, to be held on June 3 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Festivities will take place at the plot on East 8th Street between Webster and Newkirk avenues.
In addition to fun freebies (seeds, a bike bell) and sales (books, snacks), attendees can also recycle their e-waste from LES Ecology Center from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Below is the list of participants who will have a presence at the party:
- Participate in a fixing session with the Fixers Collective
- Learn all about herbs from BUDS
- Learn about Brooklyn Neighbors Composting's exciting project in District 39
- Test your knowledge of fermentation and taste sauerkraut with Cantaloupe Alone
- Learn about beekeeping and urban gardening from Agrowculture
- Recycled jewelry with Rebutton Studios
- 596 Acres
- Urban Martial Arts
Volunteers are still needed, so send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.