There will be some much needed milling and paving happening around Community Board 12 in the coming weeks.
The roads will be milled two-inches deep, and will remain that way for 15 days while the Department of Transportation schedules paving—so if you're a cyclist or don't want hunks of gravel smacking the sides of your BMW, plan to drive with care, or take an alternate route.
Work will begin on July 23, and is expected to be completed in August. The streets will be impacted in the following order:
- 58th Street from 18th Street to the dead end.
- 59th Street from 16th Avenue to Dahill Road.
- 51st Street from the dead end to Dahill Road.
- 46th Street from 8th Avenue to 18th Avenue.
- 44th Street from 7th Avenue to New Utrecht Avenue
- 43rd Street from 9th Avenue to Dahill Road.
- Ocean Parkway service road southbound from Avenue C to Ditmas Avenue.
- Ocean Parkway service road northbound from 18th Avenue to Caton Avenue